Wednesday, October 15, 2008

To the beat of her own drum

Sachi will make music of anything including sugar packets at restaurants to the light clink of my credit cards tapped together. She loves music, and now she owns a *REAL* pair of drums thanks to Reva's good friend Caroline. Her little hand, although dwarfed by these drums, is getting a decent sound out of them. Her technique's not bad either!

I urge all parents to have real instruments as toys. It is so much more fun for parents to play with this stuff then brightly colored plastic noisemakers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is ahead of me. I just got a keyboard and am going to start taking piano/keyboard lessons. Before we know it, we'll hear her saying, " I started when I was 10 months old....I played to the beat of anything. And now Zakir and I are playing side by side. And sometimes, I get the beat better than him."

Unknown said...

Good idea. I'm going to have real instruments for Gwendolyn.